To enter, take an original photo showing how you read beyond the beaten path. Only entries that are unframed and on size 8.5”x11'' or smaller paper will be accepted. Only physical copies of the entries will be accepted. All submissions are due by 8 pm on Thursday, June 30, 2022.
Judging will be done among 3 age groups:
All entries must have a completed entry form to be accepted. (Entry form will be available at the library starting June 1.)
First prize winners for each age group will win prizes still to be determined. All contest entries will be posted on the Eureka Public Library’s website and Facebook page. Limit one entry per person.
Art and Photo Contest Rules
1. Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Employees of Eureka Public Library and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
2. Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due being 8 pm on Thursday, June 30, 2022.
3. Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by one or more members of the library’s staff, between July 5-8. One entry will be selected for first place in each age group with a total of 3 winners. The names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address included on the back of the winning entries. Winners will be announced on the library’s website and social media accounts on July 15 at the latest.
4. Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
5. No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
6. Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Eureka Public Library District (EPLD) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by EPLD without notice. EPLD expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and EPLD.
7. No Liability: EPLD and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be displayed in the library, and such necessary hanging implements may be attached to the winning entries.
8. Entry Pick Up: All entries may be picked up between Monday, August 1-12 at the adult circulation desk. Any entry not picked up two weeks after the pickup date will be discarded.
9. Lost Entries: EPLD is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
10. Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by EPLD.
11. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Woodford County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
12. Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by EPLD for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.