YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
Access Your Account
Paying Fines Online
Shoutbomb Text Reminders
Access to your library account is available online. With your library card number and PIN, you can:
Click on the My Account link or the RSAcat logo to to the right to access your account.
Please call the library at 309-467-2922 ext. 1 if you encounter any problems or if you need your PIN.
You can pay your library fines using MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express! Log into your library account and follow these simple steps!
Get Text Reminders On Your Mobile Device!
Shoutbomb Text Message Alerts For Eureka Public Library Cardholders:
With the Library’s Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone and…
what you need:
- A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages.
- The barcode number from your Library card (ten digits, Dxxxxxxxxx), and the PIN for your library account. (If you do not know your PIN, you will need to ask EPLD staff.)
- To get started, text the following message to 844-225-9458:
- (The Patron Barcode is your library card # starting with D; The PIN is the password used for RSAcat. Ask library staff if you do not have this yet.)
- Example: SIGNUP+D669157380+3752
- Add 844-225-9458 to your contact list as Shoutbomb or Library Texts so you can recognize the messages in the future.
- Alternatively, you can just text SIGNUP to the number above and Shoutbomb will send additional texts requesting your Patron Barcode and PIN to finish the signup process.
- Once your Shoutbomb registration has been completed, you will automatically get text notices around 9 am about holds, items due in the next 3 days, overdues, and more. Texts are only sent when activity in your library account triggers them.
basic keyword commands:
You can text these commands to 844-225-9458; follow any instructions that are texted back to you:
- MYBOOKS - Sends a snapshot of the status of all your items including unfilled holds and fees.
- ADDCARD - Register an additional Library card for text messages on your phone.
- DROPCARD - Cancel text notices for a card added with ADDCARD.
- TEST - Test your connection to Shoutbomb.
- SWITCHPHONE - If you change your phone number/mobile carrier, this text will update your profile.
- ZIPCODE ##### - (Substitute your 5-digit zip code for #####.) Add your zipcode to match your phone with your home library. For future features.
- IOWEU - Returns information about your current fee amount. If you have multiple cards registered, you will receive information about each card.
- HELP - Get information about all Shoutbomb commands.
- RESEND - Get the last message from Shoutbomb again.
- QUIT - Delete your mobile device from the Shoutbomb notice service.
replying to notices:
Your account notices will prompt you to respond with optional commands, including:
- HL - Get a list of holds that are ready for pickup. (Holds notice.)
- RL - Get a list of items you can renew. (Courtesy notice.)
- RA - Renew all eligible items. (Courtesy notice.)
- OL - Get a list of overdue items. (Overdue notice.)
To view and change your Shoutbomb message settings, text these commands:
- NOTICES - See your current on/off status for each type of notice. Do this first!
- HOLDS - Toggles your holds notices off/on.
- RENEW - Toggles your courtesy notices (about items that are due soon) off/on.
- OVERDUE - Toggles your overdue notices off/on.
- FEES - Toggles your notices about fines and fees off/on.