GET A LIBRARY CARD
Get a Library Card
Library Card Options
The Eureka Public Library District includes all property within Olio and Cruger townships. If you are unsure whether you live or own property within one of those townships, you can check your property tax bill, your voter registration card, or a township map.
You can also check the Illinois Library Service Areas Map to determine if you live in a library district.
District Property Owners, Residents or Renters:
Available to those who own or rent property (residential, commercial, or agricultural) within Cruger or Olio townships. To sign up for a library card, be sure to bring:
- Photo identification card.
- Piece of mail/document with current address.
- For commercial or agricultural property: copy of lease or property tax bill.
- Children ages 3 to 13 are eligible for a juvenile card.
- Teenagers age 14+ will receive an adult card (only adult cards can check out movies).
CUSD 140 Students and Staff:
- The school has purchased one year library cards for all students and staff.
- Cards for educational, student/staff use only. Cards cannot be used to check out movies.
- Pre-K—4 grade students: parents should bring their driver’s license to verify school district residence.
- Staff and 5—12 grade students: bring your student or staff ID card. Students under age 14 must have parent present to register.
- Cards can be renewed each August.
- Register for a Student Card online.
Eureka College Students and Staff:
- If you have a library card from your hometown, check with us to see if it can be used here.
- Bring your student or staff ID card to register.
- These temporary cards are good for one semester, but can be renewed. The cards are kept at the adult circulation desk.
- If you live in Eureka CUSD 140 district, but are not eligible for any of the above cards, you can purchase annual card(s) for you and your family for $246 (cash or check) per year (equivalent of average annual in-district property tax).
- Bring a photo identification card and a piece of mail or document with your current address.
Your library card can be used to check out items at most central Illinois libraries! You can also return Eureka’s books at other libraries.